Northern Maine Weather Forecast
Weekend Weather Forecast For Northern Maine & Western New Brunswick Plus Information About The Potential For A Snowy Easter Sunday
Friday, March 27, 2015 9:53 am
by Rob Lightbown
THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT: Skies this afternoon are forecast to become partly sunny with high temperatures expected to be near 40 Degrees. Winds this afternoon will be northwest at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy skies are expected for tonight with low temperatures near 15 Degrees. Winds tonight will be north at 5 to 10 mph.
SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY: A storm system is forecast to track well south of our area on Saturday; therefore, Saturday is expected to be partly sunny with high temperatures near 29 Degrees. Winds on Saturday will be north at 8 to 15 mph.
Sunday is expected to be sunny to partly sunny with high temperatures near 35 Degrees. Winds on Sunday will be west at 10 to 20 mph.
WINTRY WEATHER POSSIBLE FOR EASTER SUNDAY: I am watching very closely for the potential of one last snowstorm for our area during Easter weekend. The various weather guidance has been hinting at this possibility for the last several days; however, there are some differences in what each individual piece of data is showing.
One set of weather guidance is showing a storm track that takes it near the New England coast which would lead to a major snowstorm across northern Maine and western New Brunswick on Easter Sunday. Another set of weather guidance is forecasting a storm track that takes it to our west which would leave us with a rainstorm and highs in the 40s. Meanwhile, one other set of weather guidance is forecasting a further offshore storm track which would only give us a light snowfall on Easter Sunday.
This is a potential storm that I am watching closely and I will keep you all updated on the latest.
Northern Maine Radar Image:
Northeast US Radar Image:
Northern Maine Satellite Image:
Northeast US Satellite Image:
- Sunny & Mild Weather Today; Mixed Light Snow & Freezing Drizzle Late Tonight; Mild Weather With Drizzle & Light Rain For Thursday; 1 To 3 Inches Of Snow Expected On Thursday Night Wednesday, March 25, 2015 9:26 am
- Snow With Very Icy Conditions Are Expected Tonight; A Cold & Very Windy Day With Blowing & Drifting Snow Is Expected On Sunday Saturday, March 21, 2015 11:04 am
- Weekend Weather Forecast For Northern Maine & Western New Brunswick Friday, March 20, 2015 10:59 am
- 5 To 8 Inches Of Total Snowfall Are Expected From Late This Morning Through This Afternoon & Tonight With Moderate To Heavy Snow Expected From About 3 pm This Afternoon To About Midnight Tonight Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:17 am
- 4 To 5 Inches Of Snow Are Expected From Very Late Tonight Through Tuesday & Tuesday Night; Windy & Cold Weather Expected On Wednesday & Thursday Monday, March 16, 2015 8:09 am
For Northern Maine Weather Information Including Maps, Images and Graphics, Go To: http://www.crownweather.com/?page_id=23.
Disclaimer: All forecasts herein are made to the best ability of the forecaster. However, due to standard forecasting error, these forecasts cannot be guaranteed. Any action or inaction taken by users of this forecast is the sole responsibility of that user.