Northern Maine Weather Forecast
Plenty Of Sunshine Expected From Today Right Through This Upcoming Weekend; Some Light Snow Is Expected On Sunday Night & Monday
Thursday, February 26, 2015 7:19 am
by Rob Lightbown
TODAY THROUGH FRIDAY: An area of high pressure will control our weather from today right through Friday.
Skies today will be sunny to partly sunny with high temperatures near 10 above zero (minus 12 Celsius). Winds today will be northwest at 10 to 20 mph.
Tonight will be partly cloudy with low temperatures near 15 below zero (minus 26 Celsius). Winds tonight will be northwest at 5 mph.
Friday is expected to be sunny to partly sunny with high temperatures near 10 above zero (minus 12 Celsius). Winds on Friday will be west at 5 to 10 mph.
SATURDAY THROUGH SUNDAY: That high pressure system will continue to control our weather throughout this upcoming weekend.
Saturday will be a sunny to partly sunny day with high temperatures near 17 Degrees (minus 8 Celsius). Winds on Saturday will be southwest at 10 to 20 mph.
Clear to partly cloudy skies are expected on Saturday night with low temperatures near 3 below zero (minus 19 Celsius).
A partly sunny day is expected on Sunday with high temperatures near 22 Degrees (minus 6 Celsius).
SUNDAY NIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY: On Sunday night and Monday, an area of low pressure is forecast to track from the eastern Great Lakes to across the Gulf of Maine. This storm system will bring us some light snow throughout Sunday night and Monday. Right now, snow amounts look to be in the 2 to 3 inch range. Low temperatures Sunday night will be near 10 above zero (minus 12 Celsius). High temperatures Monday will be near 25 Degrees (minus 4 Celsius).
An area of high pressure will control our weather throughout Tuesday. Skies on Tuesday will be sunny to partly sunny with high temperatures near 18 Degrees (minus 8 Celsius).
Yet another storm system is forecast to track across New England on Wednesday bringing us snow throughout the day on Wednesday. It is way too early to determine how much snow may accumulate with this storm, but it is a storm that will be watched closely. High temperatures Wednesday will be near 22 Degrees (minus 6 Celsius).
Northern Maine Radar Image:
Northeast US Radar Image:
Northern Maine Satellite Image:
Northeast US Satellite Image:
- A Quick Hitting Storm Will Bring Upwards Of 3 To 6 Inches Of Snow On Wednesday Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:04 am
- Turning Very Cold Today With Areas Of Blowing/Drifting Snow & Wind Chill Temperatures Falling To 30 To 35 Below Zero; Light Snow Expected From Late Tuesday Night Through Wednesday Morning Monday, February 23, 2015 6:02 am
- 3 To 5 Inches Of Snow Is Expected From Tonight Into Early Sunday Morning; Very Cold Weather Expected For Monday With 20 To 30 Below Zero Wind Chill Temperatures Forecast Saturday, February 21, 2015 5:47 am
- Snow Gradually Winds Down This Morning, However, Areas Of Blowing Snow Will Occur All Day Today; Another 3 To 5 Inches Of Snow Is Expected From Saturday Night Through Sunday Morning Friday, February 20, 2015 7:34 am
- 7 To 8 Inches Of Snow Accumulation Is Expected From Mid-Morning Today To Late Friday Morning; Some Additional Snowfall Is Forecast From Late Saturday Night Through Part Of Sunday Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:44 am
For Northern Maine Weather Information Including Maps, Images and Graphics, Go To: http://www.crownweather.com/?page_id=23.
Disclaimer: All forecasts herein are made to the best ability of the forecaster. However, due to standard forecasting error, these forecasts cannot be guaranteed. Any action or inaction taken by users of this forecast is the sole responsibility of that user.